Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Baking Machine

I feel like Betty Crocker. Except that I am a real person. It is 4:30 PM, and I have been baking all day.

As soon as I woke up this morning I baked us a batch of strawberry scones. Mmmmm:-) While those were baking a whipped up a yellow cake with vanilla sprinkle frosting for my Cousinee who just turned 24 (Happy Birthday, Sarah!).

I then decided I'd better get a head start on the Mrs. D. Oatmeal Bread I am making for dinner tomorrow, since it has to rise like three times before you can bake it.

While that was rising I started the crust for the Chocolate Almond Toffee Bars we will be enjoying for dessert tomorrow with our friends Matt and Jenn (Yes, our youth intern this summer for those of you reading this back home and want to be jealous). In between punching down the bread dough and waiting for it to rise again, I vacuumed, dusted, cleaned the toilet and sink, ate lunch, had three friends in, put laundry away, cleaned my room, and washed ALL the dishes from breakfast, lunch, and the multiple things I baked.

I have just finished the Chocolate Almond Toffee Bars and my bread is in the oven. I was going to make a sourdough starter to have this next week, but I'm a wee bit exhausted right now and not relishing the idea of any more dirty dishes.

It's a good thing I like to bake.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

it was delicious

Sharon said...

Wow, sounds like Thanksgiving--except no turkey. I'm very proud of you!

Your Momma