Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Chicken Bones

A funny thing just happened.

Last night I made terriyaki chicken wings--one of our favorite meals. After dinner, Stephen was helping me clean up, and I asked him not to throw the chicken bones in the trash can.

"Why not?" he asked.

"Because then it starts stinking and I have to take the trash out early."

"What should I do with them then?"

"Just put them in a plastic bag under the sink." I then went on about my own business not giving it a second thought.

Until I was emptying the trash today and opened the cupboard under the sink.

"Stephen...what is this?" I asked, holding a plastic bag full of chicken bones in my hand. It had been sitting on top of my cleaning supplies under our kitchen sink.

"The chicken bones," Stephen answered innocently.

"Why didn't you throw them out?"

"You told me to put them in a bag under the sink, so I did."

I sighed, and then laughed. "I meant the bags were under the sink, not to put the bones under the sink," I giggled all the way back to the kitchen, stuffing the little bag into the full kitchen trash bag and tying it up.

Ahhh, communication. It's a beauty, eh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ANW: That is a great illustration about communication. I'll tell Grandma to read it. L3 {alias: Grandpa}

Anonymous said...

Good One,you made my day.Grandma

Jenna said...

Oh SISTER!

Aside: you actually got BOTH Gramps and Gram to comment on your blog and I can't say as that's ever happened to me. 5+.