Saturday, January 5, 2008

My New Piano

I have long wished I had a piano in our small apartment. But there were always two major problems: the fact that our apartment is small (crackerbox could be a good way to define it), and the lack of funds to purchase said piano. My parents have two pianos in their house, one of them an upright player piano (you know, the super old kind that plays rolls by itself!) I love that piano and hope to someday have a home in which I can "store" it for my parents:-) However, Dad's condition is that it has to be on the ground level. He hates moving that thing. It weighs like a thousand libs, practically.

Anyway, so I really want a piano. Music soothes the soul, and I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to sit down and just play the piano to release tension or nerves. But alas, my two friends who used to have pianos in the building have moved. So I have been going up to Cassidy's place to play hers. But now that their baby is coming in only a few short weeks, they need the extra space. So they were going to put it under their bed (it's a Yamaha electronic). That would mean, once again, no piano for me to play on.

When Cassidy asked if maybe I wanted to keep it for them for awhile, I jumped at the chance! But there was still that problem of no room...So after weeks of talking, planning, and compromise, Stephen has finally allowed me to move some stuff around...and squeeze it into our living room.

While a little more crowded, I think it looks great! And I'm so excited to have a piano at my own disposal for the next year! Thanks Skip and Cassidy!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Very Nice! And perhaps this can be a substitute when you miss Friedrich :-/ At least it will make lovely music like he did....

Love,
Mama

Anonymous said...

I like it. Maybe my palm is hidden behind it?

Dad