Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The World Traveler

We are on our way to Niagra Falls. Three days ago we set out early in the morning for the 16 hour drive to update New York to help celebrate in Daniel and DeAnna’s wedding. I think I’ve been running on pure adrenaline for the last three weeks. This ends week 4 of living out of a suitcase, and I only have one left, but at least it’s in the Quad Cities. We are staying at the youth pastor’s home while they are away. It will be relaxing!

The last four weeks have been an absolute whirlwind of activity for me. The longest time I have had between trips has been about 36 hours. The shortest has been 12—over night. Just long enough to unpack, do laundry, and repack before I had to climb in another car. Within an hour of leaving for New York on Thursday morning, I was already going stir crazy.

The other night I was calculating all the places I’ve been to recently. I thought back since last summer, and here’s what I came up with. By the end of this summer, I will have traveled to or through all the following places:

Utah (Zion)
Nevada (Hoover Dam, Vegas)
Georgia
Florida
Iowa, Illinois (dozens of times)
Indiana (4 times to Gramps’ and Grams’? And thru it 4 times)
Wisconsin (through it 4 times)
U.P of Michigan (for two weeks on Lake Superior!)
Ohio (through it twice, then there to take Alex to College)
Pennsylvania
New York

Stephen will be heading to Wyoming here in two weeks, as well. Our hours in the car this summer have accumulated to somewhere near 130-140.

I feel like a World Traveler. Or at least a States Traveler.

No comments: