Monday, December 31, 2007

A Few of my Favorite Things

While home this last time, I mentally compiled a list of a few of my favorite things to do while here. I have included some visuals with commentary to explain them:

  • Sleigh Ride-This is my favorite Christmasy song, and last year, Mom got me the piano music for an awesome duet arrangement of it. I practiced it all month to get ready to play it with her. It is not without mistakes, unfortunately, but it was very fun to play! Next year I'm going for perfection:-)



  • Baby Calves-Dad got two new "Bottle Babies" on Christmas day. These are calves we buy from an early age and feed them with bottles, then wean them off, grow them up, and eat them. Yum! They're real sweet when they're babies and tons of fun to feed. Definitely one of my favorite things to do with Dad when I come home

  • My parent's house-Along with all the great memories that come with it, it's just beautiful in general. Here it is, covered in tons of snow!
  • Wintery Weather-We had the most magnificent snowfalls, and then this morning some type of weird "Fog Freeze" where it was incredibly foggy and then froze on everything, including these trees, and even the cows outside!


  • Singing around the piano-This has become tradition. My whole family loves to sing, and our favorites are Selah and Getty music. Every time we're together, we gather around the piano and sing. It usually starts out with one or two people and then grows to encompass the whole family

  • Games-I love playing games with my family! We always have a blast. The most hysterical moment of the week was when we were playing Catch Phrase with all of us, and it was Stephen's turn. He began quickly describing his word.

    Stephen: Okay, uuumm, King David had one of these!
    Shouts from his team: "A Kingdom!" "A son!" "Wives!"
    Stephen: Okay, yes, lots of those, lots of wives, it's called a--
    Team: Harem!
    Stephen: Yes! No...Um...wait...is there a plural of that?
    Team: Harems?
    Stephen: (looks very confused and disturbed) *Timer buzzes* Um...wait, isn't "Heirloom" the plural of Harem?

    He will never live that one down:-)
  • Ernie-My brother's dog is simply adorable. I just love him. Here he is waiting to open his Christmas present of toothpaste and toothbrush




I could, of course, go on and on, but get the gist of it. I love my family!



1 comment:

Sharon said...

We love you too! The time with you all at home was too SHORT--but very sweet.

Mama