Sunday, December 16, 2007

Friedrich Loves Subway

For those of you who don't know, I have a bird. He's a parakeet, and his name is Friedrich. I've had him for almost two years now, and he makes quite a handy companion. His wonderful whistles and warblings keep one from feeling lonely on a blustery winter day when one's husband is working.

These are a few of his Favorite Things:

-washing dishes with me (he tries to jump in the water, though...)
-loud music (his new favorite is RelientK's new Christmas album)
-Adventures in Odyssey
-nibbling (on anything, but especially shiny things)
-Drinking out of my water glass (and occasionally trying to jump in)
-Pepsi (although I don't let him have it)
-Some of his favorite foods include: spinach,carrots, corn, green beans, butter, Glazed Lemon Dainties (I know, I know, really bad for him...I only let him have a couple bites), popcorn
-His own reflection
-Uncle Andrew
-The camera (I have no idea...sometimes he hears the sound of birds chirping coming out of it and is convinced if he looks hard enough, he'll find them)
-my cell phone
-fingers, thumbs, and toes
-The computer keyboard

He likes a lot of things. It's always fun finding new things that he likes, too. I have developed a (bad) habit of allowing him to come over to me while we're at dinner and try whatever I'm eating. This has now become a regularity. Whenever he's out of his cage (which is 90% of the time), he notices we're seated at the table, and before I know it he has waddled quickly over to my feet, hopped on, and begged for a lift so he can sit on my shoulder and sample my food.

Today we got Subway sandwiches after church and before I knew it, there he was, standing at the foot of the table begging to get up. So I lifted him up, and he proceeded to reach for my sandwich. I offered him some lettuce, but he didn't want me to hand him the lettuce, he wanted the lettuce IN the sandwich. So...I gave it to him.
He proceeded to eat so much lettuce that I finally just gave him one end and started eating out of the other end. I know this probably seriously disturbs most of you, but if you had bird as awesome of Friedrich, you'd let him eat your sandwich too.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Your Ave is very spoiled. Very.