Wednesday, July 2, 2008

May 22, 2008

Day 6

We are in Lagenthal, Germany. We finally got to spend the night at a host home last night! They were SO sweet. They spoke and understood English fairly well. They had a two-year old and a five-year old. Their house was very interesting. I understand Ikea a lot more. Their house was narrow and storage space was not built in to the house. It was added in shelves, armoires, etc. But all were separate entities--no closets. They are coming to Chicago in September and we hope to have them over. Both concerts have gone very well. Last night at the end, they were clapping and I said "they are clapping very rhythmically" And David said "oh, that means 'sing one more'." That was their encore! So we sang 'Witness,' of course.

I love being in this group! It is so much a second family to me. I have never felt such a sense of belonging anywhere else.

I love Europe. I always knew I would, but I really do love it! (side note, they don't seem to sleep with sheets, here. How odd!).

No comments: