Friday, July 11, 2008

Morning Mumblings

Grandma and Grandpa's neighbors are not my friends. I declared this to Grandpa as I stumbled into the Breakfast Room at about 8:13 this morning--which is 7:13 on my clock. After an eventful and very long drive from Chicago to Carmel, IN, Stephen and I had finally pulled into their tree lined driveway at about 12:40 am. I looked forward to sleeping in for the first time in weeks. Our weekend with Sister and Joey really took it out of me and I have still not recovered.

However, at about 8:01, I was rudely awakened by what sounded like a chain saw right outside my window. Discombobulated, I rolled over and tried to return to my slumber. But it was not to be. The chain saw was incessant and very loud, and I finally jumped out of bed to see what all the ruckus was about. It sounded as if someone was cutting down a tree right in front of our bedroom.

It was the neighbors. They have apparently been doing construction on their house for the last three years, and three men were standing in their driveway sawing something and making dust billow out over the Grandparents pool. Not cool. Frustrated that there was no way I was going to sleep through that, I found Grandpa at his computer and mumbled my complaints to him. Grandma soon joined us, followed by Stephen, and we were soon sitting down to a beautiful breakfast of Honey Nut Cheerios, fresh fruit and orange juice, sharing stories about our horrible drive in and hearing about the neighbors, the cousins, and new vacation options for the Grandparents.

Now that I'm awake, though, we are all going to "clean up" and go in our various directions. The boys are taking our very loud car to get it fixed, and the girls are going--where else? Shopping:-) Have to find a decent swimsuit so I can enjoy the pool this afternoon!

No comments: